Although Albert was from Przasnysz and Naomi was from Warsaw, in a 2005 video their grandchildren remembered hearing that the two families had been acquainted with each other in Poland and had lived in the same town; their granddaughter remembered hearing that Naomi had been told to look up Abraham Rosenthal (Albert's father) when she first arrived in New York.
Since both Albert's father Abraham, and Naomi's older brother Henry, were born in Lomza, perhaps that is where the two families became acquainted? Perhaps Abraham later moved to Przasnysz, and Naomi's family later moved to Warsaw, but the families stayed in touch?
Przasnysz [...] is a town in Poland. Located in the Masovian Voivodship, about 110 km north of Warsaw and about 115 km south of Olsztyn, it's the capital of Przasnysz County.
By: Herman Rosenthal, Peter Wiernik
Government in Russian Poland, with a Jewish population (1897) of 50,473 (in a total population of 553,094), which is the smallest Jewish population of any government in the Pale of Settlement.
The most important of the district towns in the government of Plock are: Mlawa, which has 5,123 Jews in a total population of 11,211 (1897). [...] Plock, the capital of the government [...] had a total population of 27,073 in 1897. Of this number more than 10,000 are Jews. [...] Przasnysz, with 4,500 Jews among its 8,586 inhabitants; it has two synagogues. Sierpce, with about 600 Jewish families among its 8,560 inhabitants. [...]"
(vol. 10, page 90)
Przasnysz [Pol], Proshnits [Yid], Pshasnysh [Rus], Praschnitz [Ger], Praschnitz, Proshnitz, Prostnetz, Przashysz, Pshasnish, Prushnitzand this brief history:
"Jews were present in Przasnysz in the 16th Century. In 1808, there were 308 (22.5%) Jews living in the town. The Jewish population increased to 4500 (52%) in the late 1880's. In mid 1939, there was a Jewish population of 3,000.
The Jewish community had a synagogue, beth midrash, schools, cemetery and orphanage. Members of the community belonged to the "Bund", Agudat Israel, zionist organizations and various youth groups.
Traditional Judaism and Hasidism influenced the Jewish community.
The synagogue was destroyed during World War I. It was rebuilt years later, only to be ruined by the German troops in World War II. [...].
Many Jews fled Przasnysz during World War II. In 1941, the Germans created a forced-labor camp. A couple of years later, the camp closed and the prisoners were sent to a concentration camp."
Sefer zikaron kehilat Proshnits / ha-'orekh-redaktor: Shelomoh Bakhrakh. [Tel-Aviv] : Hotsa'at Irgun yots'e Proshnits be-Yisra'el, 1974. 273 p. : ill. subject: Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Poland--Przasnysz; Jews--Poland--Przasnysz Added t.p.: Memorial book to the community of Proshnitz. Yiddish, partly in Hebrew and English.The English section is available online, along with an English translation of the chapter headings and an English translation of the picture captions. I did not find a mention of any Rogalls or Silversteins in the English section or English translations.
By: Herman Rosenthal, J. G. Lipman, S. Janovsky
Capital of the government of Lomza, Russian Poland; situated on the left bank of the River Narev. In 1897 it had a total population of 26,075, including 9,822 Jews. The earliest known references to an organized Jewish community in Lomza date from the beginning of the nineteenth century. The first rabbi recorded is Solomon Zalman Hasid, a cabalist, who corresponded with Akiba Eger. He was rabbi of the Lomza community for thirty years, and died there about 1840. He was succeeded by R. Benjamin Diskin (who officiated until 1848) and the latter, by his son Joshua Löb Diskin (b. Grodno 1818; d. Jerusalem 1898). Abraham Samuel Diskin, another son of Benjamin Diskin, was born at Lomza in 1827, and became rabbi of Volkovisk (government of Grodno), where he died in 1887. He was the author of "Leb Binyamin." Joshua Löb Diskin was succeeded by R. Elijah Hayyim Meisels, now (1904) rabbi at Lodz. The fifth rabbi was Eliezer Simhah Rabinowitz (1879), now at Kalvariya. The present rabbi is Malchiel Zebi Tennenbaum, author of "Dibre Malkiel."
In 1884 a destructive fire rendered eighty families homeless. In 1885 a yeshibah was established in Lomza by R. Eliezer Shulawitz, the pupil of R. Israel Salanter. The institution is attended by hundreds of boys, who are provided there with food and clothing. Among the prominent members of the Lomza community may be mentioned Dr. Ephraim Edelstein, son-in-law of Lazar Rosenthal of Yasenovka.
Besides the general schools, Lomza has special Jewish schools, including 20 hadarim (430 pupils), and 1 Talmud Torah (180 pupils). The yeshibah has about 250 students. The charitable institutions include a hospital, a poor-house, a free-loan association, and a society for aiding the poor. Manufacturing and trading have been but little developed in Lomza. In 1897 there were 1,327 Jewish artisans there.
(vol. 8, page 155)