Welcome to Space Tag!
See the large,
For complete instructions click here.
NEW ADDITIONS TO SPACETAG IN DECEMBER 2002:
(The full instructions have now
been edited appropriately to reflect the above changes. Meanwhile,
let me know what you think
of all the new features! Bug reports also welcome ...)
- You can press 'x' to shoot torpedoes (red). Torpedoes temporarily
disable the imperial police (good) and destroy renegades (good), but they
also destroy bonus goodies (bad) and shrink space stations and wormholes
- Your "level" is clearly indicated, and you can increase this by
pressing 'F'. (It also increases each time a rack of ten purple goodies
is cleared.) High level corresponds to faster police and certain other
- There are some colour-changing "renegades" which shoot torpedoes,
which can kill you (bad) and destroy goodies (bad), but you get points
for shooting them (good).
- There are some white "creatures" on the planets, which can be
scooped up for extra bonus points.
- There are two bouncy dark-green "blobs", which travel around and
change size, and can be scooped up for extra bonus points.
- There is a high-score list, where
if you get at least 50 points (without ever using "easy mode"), then
when the game ends, a secret high-score code will appear at the bottom
of the applet. If you wish, you may e-mail this code to the address
displayed to get listed on the high-score list
(and perhaps win a cash prize!).
- In the long-range scan, planets appear larger when you are closer
- Minor adjustments made to various parameters, colours, etc.