STA3431S, Winter 2009 Regrading Policy

If you feel that there was a genuine error in the grading of your homework or test, then you should request a regrade by writing or typing a full explanation of your concern (together with your full name, student number, e-mail address, and telephone number) on a separate piece of paper. Do not write anything at all on the homework/test solutions themselves. [NOTE: You must not alter your test paper in any way before submitting it for regrading -- any such altering will be treated as a serious academic offence.]

Then give this piece of paper, together with the original unaltered homework/test solutions, to the instructor within one week of when the graded item was first available. All regrading requests must be done in writing -- you may not argue your grade in person.

Your claim will then be examined. If it is found to be valid, then an appropriate adjustment to your mark will be made. The regrading decision of the instructor is final.

WARNING: If your regrading request is found to be spurious or unconvincing, then the instructor may also choose to re-examine the grading of your entire homework or test, with a critical eye, and may decide to deduct various points. So, your mark may end up going down rather than up. Thus, you should only request a regrade in cases of genuine, clear grading error (e.g. incorrectly adding up the marks, or marking a solution as wrong when it is actually correct). You should not submit regrade requests which are merely a matter of "judgement" about how many points a partial solution is worth. You have been warned!