This page is part of Family history documents: Joseph Black & family.
-- Margaret Fulford
LILLIAN BLACK (AGE 3) - DEATH - MANHATTAN - JULY 3, 1923
- Lillian was Joe Black's sister. She was five years younger than him. He was eight when his little sister died.
- Document (photocopy) received by mail from NYC Dept. of Records, Sept. 2015.
- Certificate issued by Postgraduate Hospital, Manhattan
- Date of birth: April 28, 1920
- Date of death: July 3, 1923
- Admitted to hospital: June 2, 1923
- Diagnosis: rheumatic endocarditis
- Father's name: Sam Black (birthplace: Russia)
- Mother's maiden name: Anna Finkelstein (birthplace: Romania)
- Address: 246 E. Houston St.
- Place of burial: Mt Zion Cem
- The Mount Zion Cemetery is a Jewish cemetery located at 59-63 54th Avenue, Maspeth, New York (which is in the Borough of Queens). A search of the cemetery's website finds the following information about Lillian's grave:
The burial society, Balter, presumably served people from Balta, Ukraine. The burial date on the cemetery website actually only indicates the month of burial (July 1923). (For any search on this cemetery's website, the majority of the burial dates retrieved seem to be on the first of the month, so "7/1/1923" probably does not actually indicate "July 1, 1923".) Here is a map of the cemetery.