This page is part of Family history documents: Joseph Black & family.
-- Margaret Fulford
SAMUEL BLACK - APPLICATION FOR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER - NOVEMBER 30, 1936
- Document (photocopy) received by mail from U.S. Social Security Administration, October 2015.
- It gives Sam's mother's name as Leah Shandeles; her name was given as Lizzie Schandeles on Sam's 1914 marriage certificate.
- It gives Sam's father's name as Bernard Black; his name was given as Abraham on Sam's 1914 marriage certificate.
- It gives Sam's home address as 658 Crotona Park South. See this address today (in the Bronx) in Google Maps.
- It gives the name and address of his employer, "Trucraft Cravat" at 10 West 33rd. St.
See this address today (in Manhattan) in Google Maps.