This page is part of Family history documents: Joseph Black & family.
-- Margaret Fulford
ANNA FINKELSTEIN AND SARAH FINKELSTEIN - EXIT VISA FROM ROMANIA - FEBRUARY 11, 1904
- This document was kept by the family and passed on to Samuel Black's grandson.
- It appears to be an exit visa; it grants permission for Sura Finkelstein to leave Romania with her young daughter, Anna.
- It is dated Feb. 11, 1904.
- There are various official stamps and signatures on the back of the document.
- The document is in Romanian, but most of the text is also presented in French.
- In the Romanian version (left-hand column), Sura and Anna's names and ages are underlined in blue, as is Sura's place of birth.
- Here is a rough translation of the French text (the right-hand column on the front of the document):
We, Minister, Secretary of State in the Department of External Affairs of Romania, ask the civil and military authorities to allow free passage to [filled in by hand: Mrs. Sura Finkelstein, travelling abroad with her daughter Anna, aged 10. Only valid for one-way travel] and to give her assistance and protection if needed.
Place of birth: Bucharest
Year and date of birth: aged 40
Hair and eyebrows: black
Chin: 1 [?]
Nose and mouth: regular