This page is part of Family history documents: Joseph Black & family.
-- Margaret Fulford
ANNA FINKELSTEIN AND SARAH FINKELSTEIN - STEAMSHIP TICKET AND HEALTH INSPECTION - LIVERPOOL - JUNE 28, 1904
- These documents were kept by the family and passed on to Samuel Black's grandson.
- The ticket appears to be the unused portion of a steamship passage from Liverpool to New York and Boston; this ticket covers the portion of the voyage from New York to Boston. Presumably the reason Anna's mother still had this ticket in her possession is that they ended their voyage in New York?
- The name on the ticket is Sura Finkelstein; it's for one adult and one child.
- It lists the last place of residence as Rotterdam. Perhaps Sarah and Anna spent time in Rotterdam in 1904 after leaving Bucharest and before arriving in Liverpool?
- The other documents are Sarah and Anna's health inspection cards from Liverpool. The reverse is identical on both cards; the front of the cards shows "S. Finkelstein" and "A. Finkelstein."